S3MediaVault Archives - S3 Media Vault - WordPress Plugin for Amazon S3 and CloudFront That Provides a S3 Audio Player and a S3 Video Player

Category Archives for "S3MediaVault"

S3 vs. YouTube vs. Vimeo

By Ravi Jayagopal | S3MediaVault

YouTube
Vimeo
S3 + S3MediaVault
Security for Videos
Video Player (Single & Playlists)
Audio Player (Single & Playlists)
Standard Video (progressive download)
Streaming Video
Standard Audio (progressive download)
Streaming Audio
Encrypted "Impossible to Download" Streaming Video
Encrypted "Impossible to Download" Streaming Audio
Captions
Protect PDF, Zip, Doc, Images etc.
Show your own In-Video Ads (Pre-roll, Mid-roll, Post-roll)
Full Control over Player
Player Color Customization
"Impossible to Download" Streaming Video
"Impossible to Download" Streaming Audio
Create download links to files
Watermarks (Static)
Watermarks (Personalized/Dynamic)
Watermarks (Moving)
Expiring Videos (based on date or # of views)
Sticky Videos
Both Streaming and Progressive Video/Audio
Clickable Timestamps (Chapter Marks)
1-Click Transcriptions of Video & Audio
PDF Embedding
Automatically replace all native video on website
Looping Video
Custom A/B Loops
Video Analytics per Viewer
Voice Recorder
Fast Support

Some of the types of videos published on a website, are:

  • Sales videos
  • Content Marketing videos
  • Live videos
  • Documentation, Tutorial and How-to videos

These can be Public (anyone who visits a public page on your website can see it) or Private (members-only videos that are reserved for members who have either registered for free, or have paid for your online course (one-time or subscription).

Podcasting with WordPress: The Do’s and Don’ts of Creating and Hosting Your Podcast Feed and Audio

By Ravi Jayagopal | S3MediaVault

What you need to know about creating and hosting your own Podcast Feed using WordPress and web host.

  • What does it mean to host your podcast on WordPress?
  • Should you host your podcast feed on your own website?
  • How to create the Podcast RSS feed?
  • What about the audio files? Where should you host it?

That's what I discuss in this post, which you can also listen to, using the audio player above.

17 Things Entrepreneurs and Digital Creators (Like You) Can Learn from a Programmer (Like Me)

By Ravi Jayagopal | S3MediaVault

In a previous life, I was a developer. I started out as a junior programmer, became a senior one, then a systems analyst, then a software architect, then I managed teams of developers and techies, and was close to becoming part of corporate management, when I finally quit (an extremely lucrative job) and became a full-time entrepreneur. So I've been through the gauntlet, so to speak.

And in this podcast mini-series, I've taken some of the great programming practices that are used to develop software and systems, and I want to show you how you can apply them to your own business, as an entrepreneur and digital creator.

Note: I have over-simplified a lot of the programming concepts for the sake of keeping it simple, so that I don't turn this into a programmers manual :-). Let's dive right in.

Listen to this mini-series via the audio players below, or read the transcript further below the players.

17 Things Entrepreneurs and Digital Creators (Like You) Can Learn from a Programmer (Like Me)...

Members-Only Content Protection: Fact and Fiction

By Ravi Jayagopal | S3MediaVault

Members-Only Content Protection: Fact & Fiction

FICTION: "I want to make sure that NONE of my content can EVER be copied or downloaded".
FACT: Anything that you put out on the web, can be downloaded – one way or the other, directly or indirectly.

FICTION: "I want to lock down things so hard because there will be people who try to pirate my content".
FACT: People who are out to steal stuff, will steal it no matter how you hard you try to prevent it.

FICTION: "I'm afraid my paying members will download my content and upload it to illegal websites".
FACT: Paying members who value your content and your brand, AND also pay for your content, are usually not looking to rip you off by stealing your content and sharing it with their friends or family. They're paying you because they want to compensate you for the value you are providing. And sure, they might share it with a family member (child, spouse, significant other), but most of them are not going to risk uploading it to blackhat websites and save random strangers online free money at the expense of getting into legal trouble.

FACT: By trying to lock down your content too hard to protect it from the 1% of pirates, you may end up annoying the remaining 99% of your members who have absolutely no intention of ripping you off or stealing your content in any way.

1 2 3 4