S3MediaVault now offers the ability to securely embed a Video, Audio, PDF, or another file, from your WordPress site (where S3MediaVault is installed) on any website that is WordPress or non-WordPress – like Wix, Squarespace, Blogger, Medium, and even in Native Mobile Apps.
The video below has been embedded from another website Techiiies.com.
- So wherever you can embed an iFrame embed code, you can embed your secure S3/CloudFront video/audio/pdf or another file there.
- For additional security, you must whitelist the domain/sub-domain of the third-party website where the media will be embedded.
- So it's basically like embedding an S3MediaVault shortcode on a third-party website. However, since shortcodes only work on a WordPress website, the embed code will look similar to what YouTube provides.
- If you view the source of this page, you'll see the following iframe code:
<iframe scrolling="no" class="responsive-iframe34" src="https://techiiies.com/wp-content/plugins/S3MediaVaultPro/embed.php?id=34" title="Liam Neeson Embed Video - DO NOT MODIFY" frameborder="0"></iframe>
- If an unauthorized website embeds the code on their website, their visitors will only see a "Sorry, this website is not authorized to embed this video." error message.
- Go ahead and copy the above iFrame code and embed it on a Post or Page on your website and you should see the error message as well.
- S3MediaVault Streaming Video and Audio are already practically impossible to download. And embedding such a video or audio on a different website will still remain just as secure (minus the encryption) because the iFrame embed will not even trigger browser plugins like Video Downloader, Video DownloadHelper, or Internet Download Manager. You must turn off encryption of videos to allow the streaming video to play on another website, or allow casting of videos (like from phone to TV, for e.g.)
- So if you have a great need to make your videos really, really hard to download, S3MediaVault can help you do that.
- With this new feature, you just need to install and set up S3MediaVault on one WordPress website. You can then can securely embed the videos/audio/pdf/other files anywhere, even on websites like Wix, Squarespace, Blogger, Medium, and even in Native Mobile Apps.